This is a quick and easy recipe, too, from my favorite vegan chef, Isa Chandra Moskowitz of The Post Punk Kitchen.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
recipe courtesy Isa Chandra Moskowitz (isachandra.com)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (Fresh or from a can; don’t use pie mix)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and molasses. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
I like to bake the muffins and let them rest for a few hours. It actually seems to more
fully develop the flavor of the spices. These also freeze very well. Enjoy!