My very favorite dessert is and has always been chocolate brownies. This recipe takes the cake! I finally found a rich, fudge, dark chocolate brownie experience spiked with coffee, that rivals even conventional recipes. I am serious. Try this recipe for yourself!
Dark Chocolate Brownies
Recipe courtesy The Sticky Fingers Bakery Cookbook
by Doran Petersan
- ⅔ cup Coffee, brewed
- 1 tbsp. Earth Balance non-dairy margarine for baking
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 19.6 ounces sugar, weighed
- 4 ounces Cocoa, weighed
- 1 ½ teaspoons Sea salt
- ⅔ cup Canola oil
- ⅔ cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- 11 ounces All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.:
2. Using a double boiler, heat coffee, margarine and dark chocolate, stirring until chocolate is melted and ingredients are thoroughly combined.:
3. In bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar, cocoa powder and salt and mix together with paddle attachment.:
4. Add oil, water and vanilla and mix to combine.:
5. Add coffee mixture and mix to combine.:
6. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until ingredients are incorporated.:
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.:
Yield: 12 really big brownies or 24 small
Oh wow! My mouth is watering
VERY nice……I am definitely trying this!
Thank you! I am a follower of your blog and I really enjoy your posts 🙂 Have a great holiday!
awesome! I posted my brownie recipe last week too, this looks delicious 🙂
Thanks! They are rich and delicious!
double chocolate? I’m in 🙂
Thanks, Megala! I hope you get a chance to try the recipe!
These look so delicious!
Amazing! The Sticky Fingers Bakery Cookbook is full of awesome recipes 🙂
Looks really moist and delicious!
So good! Let me know if you try the recipe, Emily!
Wow! Chocolate brownies have always been one of my favourite desserts too, and these look incredible!
You must log in to post a comment.