When I have a bit of extra time, usually on weekends, and a little forethought, I whip up a batch of homemade pizza dough. This super simple recipe by Chloe Coscarelli, makes a nice, smooth, fluffy dough that bakes up almost like a pan pizza crust. I always mix a double batch, so I have dough left over for Cinnamon Rolls.
You can play with the flour ratios. I used half whole wheat and half white, to make it a little healthier. You just need to get started about 2 hours before you plan to eat the pizza.
Easy Pizza Dough
Source: Chloe’s Kitchen
- 1 package Active dry yeast
- 1 cup Water
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour, or 1/2 white, 1/2 whole wheat
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
1. Blend ingredients with dough hook until smooth. Placed dough in well-oiled bowl and rotate
2. Place in warm place until doubled (1-1 1/2 hours). Place dough on lightly floured surface and shape into a disk.
3. Knead for 5 minutes, using the steering wheel technique. Use immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze.